We are six days into a three-week road trip across more states than I have been able to calculate. I did purchase a scratch-off map from Etsy to track but I have not had the energy at the end of the day to plot. The days have been long for Emily. She is happy to get to our final stop at the end of the day but seems to thoroughly enjoy the journey as well. Todd and I feel the same.
The highs so far:
- Daisy the deer licking Emily clean at Bear World
- The buffalo (or is it bison?) that casually walked behind Emily at Old Faithful
- Old Faithful Geyser (WOW!)
- The luck we have had at finding amazing parking at peak season in Yellowstone.
- Bear World in Rexburg, Idaho. It was worth the price of admission
- Emily adjusting to a different sleeping location each night with the same ease (or lack of) as Mom and Dad
The lows so far:
- Emily refusing to sleep on the air mattress and having some panic attacks.
- Princess Emily depending on Mom or Dad to sleep with her (both a high and low because she has never been one to cuddle but Mom and Dad are not getting great sleep).
- Adequate bathrooms along the way. (This is a hot button for most families having to help with hygiene for their adult loved ones.) Our disabled adults and seniors deserve better.
- Two-lane roads.